Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Cooling & Nice Saturday Morning Run

I woke up at 7 am in the morning. Since yesterday, i have been thinking of going for a run today.
So.... washed up.... drank some milo.... change to my usual eastern lake singlet and adidas shorts, wore my asics shoes and went down to Bedok Reservoir for a run.

Upon reaching the reservoir, I did some light warm up and have the intention of doing perhaps a 8km- 10km run. So I started off along the pathway. I adopted a relatively normal pace as there was a slight ache on my right calf. When I turned in onto the gravel path, I was amazed by the condition of the path. I guessed it must be early morning rain that made the path quite wet and muddy. So, I ran cautiously to prevent myself from falling. Next, I went up the usual slope and saw a man replying to some birds which were chirping. Then, I carried on running and exited from the 'forest'. At that moment, my breathing was quite heavy as I started to increase my stride and pace. To motivate myself, I told myself that I have to reach Tropica then TP and then the finishing point. So, I tried to control my breathing and consistently tried to maintain at that relatively quick pace. Finally, I did the loop in a time of 25mins 34secs. Not bad, it is my personal best for this route. At that instant, I also told myself that I would continue with cool down instead of another loop.

I took a few sips of water and rest for a moment before I started my cool down. I slowly ran towards the turning point at the bus stop. My legs felt heavy as the lactic acid accumulate in my legs. Despite of that, I continued to run and turned back to the starting point.

After the run, I went back home, did some stretching and drank my gatorade.

Very Satisfactory run~! I am looking forward to tomorrow's east-side run with fellow Sgrunners.

Distance:(Break-down) 5km_Timing: 25mins 34secs_Pace: 5:07/km
2km_Timing: 12mins 00secs_Pace: 6:00/km
(Total) 7km_Timing:37mins 34secs_Pace:5:22/km