Sunday, August 19, 2007

3rd East-Side Run

I woke up at about 6.30am to prepare for my 3rd east-side run. Quickly, I drank some milo and changed into my running gear and left home. My stomach was already feeling a bit uncomfortable.

When I reached Kembangan CC, Ripley, Yeohling and Modena were already there. They were chatting. The decided route was from the CC to ECP Car Park F2 and back. So, we started the run and both Modena and Yeohling sped off very fast, leaving behind Ripley and me. HockKai suddenly appear from the back and ask if we were from the Sgrunners. Ripley told him the route and he sped off. I maintained my pace all the way to ECP.

Upon reaching ECP, my stomach got more and more uncomfortable. I was not able to run and decided to visit the toilet before the seafood restaurant. I came out from the loo and proceeded with the run. My stomach was still uncomfortable but I persevered and made my way towards car park F2. When I was still on my way there, I saw Yeohling and Modena on their return route. Wow~! They are really fast. So, reached the place and u-turn. Wa... my stomach start to feel weird again. I decided to rest at one of the toilets and took a sip of water. Then, I saw Ripley on her return route and joined her back on a slower pace. She told me there was a water point for the army runners and got me some water. Thanks a lot~!

Ripley and I continued at the same pace out of ECP. After exiting from ECP, I felt much better and decided to increase my pace. I managed to cross the blinking traffic light, leaving Ripley behind. So, I continued my run at that faster pace. At that moment, the sun was already out. Despite of that, the weather was still nice. I tried to motivate myself to run. Finally, I finished at Kembangan CC. Both Modena and Yeohling were already there, doing their cool down. Modena treated us some drinks. Thanks a lot~!. Ripley then arrived with HockKai no where in sight. We chatted a while before we separated paths for home.

Overall, it was a nice and pleasant run. It was great meeting both Modena and Yeohling( fast runners). I am looking forward to the next East-Side Run~!

Distance: 12km(11.8km to be exact)_____Time: 1:20:00(just an estimate)_____Pace: 6:40/km