Saturday, August 11, 2007

My first post- Geylang Serai Consitituency Road Race

Yea~! I created a blog to post about my running adventures.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My first ever race-
4.3km Geylang Serai Constituency Road Race.
At 3.30pm, I wore my adidas adizero breeze and make my way down to Bedok Reservoir Park for the race. I registered in the Men's Junior category and got my race bib from the registration counter. The race bib number was 607.

After warming up for a while, the wave for my category started at 4.20pm. The weather was freaking hot and ice would melt immediately. I stood at the starting point and could feel the intense heat waves.

Beep~!, the race started. Everyone started to chiong. I tried not to be influenced by the faster runners and maintained my own pace. I intend to go at a 5min/km pace. The first few hundred metres felt good as I was playing some sort of catching with another young kid. I reached around the 2.4km mark and I checked my watch 11min 55 secs.... hmm, not bad. So, I tried to carry on the pace. As the race proceeds, my throat and mouth are getting more and more parched. Trying not to be affected by it... i tried to maintain my pace. However, the heat waves felt as if it was burning my skin and this caused me to walk for a moment as I felt uncomfortable. Nevertheless, I started to run again and less than 400m from the finishing line, I grabbed a bottle of water from the volunteers and drank some water. Yes.... finally I crossed the finishing line with a timing of 25mins 00secs exactly. I would say that I am glad to have finish the race in one piece but unhappy abt my timing. It was so way off target.

Event: Geylang Serai Constituency Road Race
Distance: 4.3km Pace:5:49/km